Aren't we lucky to have something that tastes so good ALSO contributing to our health? Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine noted its importance to good health and recommended "a spoonful a day" to aid in digestion — a suggestion still offered today in spite of our advanced state of pharmacopia.
Fresh olive oil is good for you because it:
- Is an excellent source of monounsaturated dietary fat
- Contains potent antioxidants
- Improves your LDL blood serum component
- Adds natural luster to hair
- Strengthens fingernails
- Adds oil to dry skin
- Aids in digestion and regularity
- High vitamin A, D, K and E content
- Stimulates bone growth and absorption of calcium
That spicy, peppery feeling you get at the end of your tasting is a direct indicator of fresh cold-pressed olive oil, which comes from “capsaicin”. Capsaicin is a chemistry known for its anti-inflammatory benefits, especially in rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular health.
First Texas Olive Oil Company offers only fresh olive oils to ensure the highest health benefit, as well as bring a new flavor to your palate. What is FRESH olive oil? Olive oil will get bland and rancid after 18 – 24 months from PRESSING date. Not all the bottles show the pressing date, so do a tasting and decide for yourself!
Other articles that reference the great health benefits of extra virgin olive oil:
- “New Anti-cancer Components Of Extra-virgin Olive Oil Revealed”